Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Today just some public announcements

Since I spent most of my weekend writing the last two posts and Yesterday I was busy doing things in Ludwigsburg Today´s post is just going to be a short post with some public announcements.

STUTTGARTER COMICBÖRSE RETURNS ON NOVEMBER THE 26TH


I don´t think I have to mention it to my german readers but for all those who haven´t looked so far or who have forgotten : like usual the Comicbörse Stuttgart is once again taking place 4 weeks before Christmas, just in time to do some early Christmas shopping.

I know it´s where I like to do my christmas shopping because it´s one of the few places where I can get those expensive german hardcover comics with some kind of discount. Even if they are only for my own collection a visit always pays off, may it be to get comics at a discount price, get some comics signed by comic artists ( I hope I can get a signed copy of the new HARTMUT comic that´s out ) or meet and greet with the usual suspects.

The event is - of course - taking place at the usual locality of the DGB Gewerkschaftshaus in the Willi - Bleicher Str. 20 and you can get there via public transport.

AMAZON GERMANY SLASHES PRICES

Speaking about discount prices, this is another announcement solely for my german readers. Amazon.de is doing a sales campaign where you get three english books for 15 EUROS. Normally I wouldn´t mention this on my blog but besides a dozen discworld novels there are also some comic trades among those offered and the campaign ends at the end of this month.

Going through the books I just ordered volumes 13, 14 and 15 of FABLES since it´s a series I was half - interested but never had the budget to try it. Okay, those may not be the best trades to start but at 5 bucks each, it´s worth a try.


There are other books in the mix I wanted to order like BATMAN - THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, BATMAN - YEAR ONE, GREEN LANTERN - NO FEAR, GREEN LANTERN - REBIRTH or GREEN LANTERN - THE SINIESTRO CORPS WAR Vol 1, but since I already have them in another form I opted for comics I don´t own already.

Originally I wanted to also get THE UNWRITTEN Vol 1 - TOMMY TAYLOR AND THE BOGUS IDENTITY since it seems this could become my new VERTIGO BOOK to follow but you can only get 3 books for 15 EUROS so I opted for the FABLES pack. Also with a price of 8.40 EUROS it´s much more affordable regularly than the FABLES trades which go for 11 bucks. Other trades include 100 BULLETS Vols 1 and 2, Alan Moore´s LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN Vols 1 and 2 and PROMETHEA Vol 1, Brian Wood´s DMZ Vols 6 and 10, and NORTHLANDERS Vols 1 and 5, Charles Burns BLACK HOLE, JACK OF FABLES Vol 9, PREACHER Vols 2 and 3, THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE, Y - THE LAST MAN Vols 4, 5, 6 and 8, RED ROBIN - THE HIT LIST and BATMAN - BATTLE FOR THE COWL.

Not really the newest releases but you may be able to close some gaps in your collection or start some new ones. As always these books go fast so don´t wait too long and use the links : all books / comic trades

TALES FROM THE KRYPTONIAN CHRISTMAS CONTEST RETURNS

Because of the huge success of last year´s big Christmas Contest I have decided to give away even more free comics this year. The big announcement with the list of comics I´m giving away will follow, but I just wanted to remind my german readers that a whole bunch of comics from GRATIS COMIC TAG 2011 will be among them.


I still haven´t finished my reviews but if you want a certain comic like PROFESSOR BELL, UNGEBREMSTER SPASS, DER SKORPION, PEANUTS, THE GOON, DER TOD UND DAS MÄDCHEN, POLLY UND DIE PIRATEN, DIE MÜLLERS, TALES FROM THE VAULT OF THE GRINGO, HOLZHOF COMIX, COMICS FÜR ALLE, GREEN MANOR, DIE UNGLAUBLICHE REISE DER ABRAFAXE, DER COMIC ZUM FESTIVAL, BONGO COMICS FÜR UMME, THOR, GREEN LANTERN, ZARLA, MONSIEUR JEAN, BOULE & BILL, CANARDO, DIE SCHLÜMPFE, WEISSBLECHS GRATIS GEISTERSTUNDE or DIE TOTEN just let me know and I´ll see if I can reserve you a copy.

As usual there are also going to be a few comics from last year´s GRATIS COMIC TAG and FREE COMICBOOK DAY in the bag to give away. Sorry, no comics from this year´s FREE COMICBOOK DAY since I still haven´t gotten any from my local comicshop. I got some from online comicshops but I also have to write the reviews for those and I´m not sure if I can finish them up till christmas.

One last thing since we´re talking about this year´s GRATIS COMIC TAG : I would really appreciate it if somebody could tell me where the story from HOLZHOF COMICS called DER PUPPENKASPER by Gilbert Schwartz, Dirk Seliger and Sacha Wüstefeld continues. I really like the art but I couldn´t find issue 9 / 1740 KASPER LARIFARI - where the story is supposed ti be continued according to the free comic - since the issues are numbered in numerical order and the newest is issue 430 or something. I tried the website but it was impossible to get some information. So if somebody knows where the story continues it would be much appreciated.

JOHN SINCLAIR ULTIMATE HORROR COLLECTION III OUT

I also wanted to mention that the third part of GEISTERJÄGER JOHN SINCLAIR - DIE ULTIMATIVE HORRORSAMMLIUNG has already been released.


Longtime readers may recall that I already mentioned that I was a huge fan of the pulp series JOHN SINCLAIR by Jason Dark who still writes one issue each week and one pocketbook each month. Recently I got back into the series by the really brilliant audio CDs by WortArt and LÜBBE AUDIO who employ the voice actors who dubb actors like Robert De Niro, Pierce Brosnan ( John Sinclair ) or Gillian Anderson ( Jane Collins ).

The audioplays are usually a bit expensive for me but you can get IM NACHTCLUB DER VAMPIRE in a special edition for 1 EURO and the ULTIMATE HORROR COLLECTION include six stories for between 8 EUROS and 10. So if you want to do a special Halloween John Sinclair marathon like me the third collection has just come out and it includes such classics like DER MÖRDER MIT DEM JANUSKOPF and DAS BUCH DER GRAUSAMEN TRÄUME.

CLOSING TIME FOR THE DOCTOR ?


Last but not least a quick reminder that the second part of the sixth season has started. I know i shouldn´t support file sharing but for me it´s the only way to see the episodes since in Germany they stopped after the first season with David Tennant. I have the episodes since I got back from Spain but so far I haven´t had the chance to watch them since my Mom is hogging the tv. Since I have to watch it on my computer anyway and it´s been a few months since I saw the first part of the season I have started again with the first episode so I can see the whole season in continuation.

So far the series has been getting better and better and I´m curious to find out how it ends. Things really don´t look good for the Doctor this time around and the title CLOSING TIME sounds really ominous. Maybe it´s finally time to pay the piper.

By the way, kudos to Matt Smith for winning this year´s SCREAM award for best Science Fiction actor. Other winners were Ed Brubaker, John Romita Jr. and Hugh Jackman. The ceremony will air Today at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Spike TV and you can get the complete list of winners here .



New to the blog ? Everything you need to know about TALES FROM THE KRYPTONIAN : top ten posts / more posts of interest


" Apollo 11 is your secret weapon ? "

" No, no. It's not Apollo 11. That would be silly. It's Neil Armstrong's foot. "

2 comments:

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

sorry to go off topic here but i came across and older posting of yours from your Spain visits and it seems your something of a ROM spaceknight fan. i left a comment over there but for the sake of being thorough i'm leaving one here too. you may find this blog site interesting if you don't know about it already: http://www.romspaceknightart.blogspot.com/

by the way that Susan Richards cosplay in the previous posting to this one was hot thanks for featuring it.

SUBZERO said...

Okay, there is no " off topic " on this blog.

I write every post based on my own patented boomerang system meaning I start with TEEN TITANs, then go on a tangetn because of Tom Grummet ( artist on the book when I started reading for the second time ), then go to the second volume of EXILES where he worked with Chris Claremont, then to X - MEN FOREVER were they both worked together again, then to how the book was cancelled despite the fact that I enjoyed it more then the rest of the x - books, then to X - MEN SCHISM which I´m reading right now because of the fabulous issues by Frank Cho and Carlos Pacheco - who will be drawing one of the upcoming X - books, so I guess I´m back in the x - family.

I know, not really structured but this way it stays interesting for me and I learned that every time I have an idea or a thought and I want to post it later - I forget.

Now, back to your comment : I am somewhat of a ROM Spaceknight fan in the sense that it was one of my favorite underrated series ( together with ATARI FORCE by the great Jose Luis Garcia Lopez ) and I´m still hoping to complete my run of the series. Or that Marvel collects the book in some ESSENTIALS, although I´m not sure if they would have to pay the toy company for that.

And thanks for the link, I didn´t know that blog. I´m just not sure if I can write something about ROM very soon since the second part of the D - GRUPPE reviews is waaaay overdue.

Ah, yes, the cosplay girls. A blight on all comicblogs to some a source of delight for the rest of the world.

I try to strike a bit of a balance in that departement but with Marie - Claude Bourbonnais I thought it was appropiate since I had featured her before and it was her birthday. And doesn´t she look tasty ?