Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Lynda Carter´s Wonder Woman Wednesday

I just couldn´t let an opportunity pass to post more stuff about Wonder Woman and especially Lynda Carter but first we have to pick up with the celebrity birthdays where we left off which brings us to the 23rd of July.


Cult tv bikini sexbomb Charisma Carpenter turned 49 who is best known as Cordelia Chase on Buffy and the spin off Angel although Today´s kids may better know her from her recurring role on Veronica Mars which means they missed a lot of scorching bikini scenes with Charisma´s huge 34Ds.


One of these days I´ll have to get the first season of Veronica Mars to find out how it all started since I came in at the tailend of that season - as usual. Besides Veronica Mars Charisma Carpenter was also in episode 11 of season 5 of Burn Notice where she showed she still can deliver the goods.


In Germany only the first three seasons of Burn Notice have come out on DVD and right now I´m halfway through season 2. I´m not sure if I should wait any longer to see if they will do the rest someday or just get them through imports. Now that I´m invested I want to know how it plays out and there is even a spin off with Bruce Campbell´s character Sam. In any case Charisma´s funbags alone are worth the price of admission . Daimn! 


Kelley Jones celebrated his 56th birthday and I already wrote three posts about him - two posts in 2016 : one about his Marvel stuff which also included a few other publishers and one about his DC work and a special Batman - centric post on Halloween in 2017 . Maybe there will be a new post about Kelley Jones somewhere down the line since I still have a lot of good material left but don´t expect it to happen during the next months.


Woody Harrelson turned 58 and nomen est omen because his greatest cineastic achievement was to rub his raging Woody ( sorry, I couldn´t resist the pun ) all over Bruce Willis´ then wife Demi Moore ( who is the number one in my Top Movie Stripteases thanks to her spectacular performance in Striptease ) in An Indecent Proposal. Come on, with a title like that you knew there would be some sheninagans involved.


Besides mounting Harrelson´s Woody one of Demi´s best scenes is in the shopping mall where she is trying on a very expensive black dress and her shirt is hanging so low she is almost topless. What a great pair of melons !


What´s more in White Men Can´t Jump Woody also got to work with the ultimate MILF Rosie Perez whose breasts get bigger and bigger each year.


But I´m not the only one who is fascinated by Rosie´s rapidly rising rotund rack as they were even immortalized in a song by Kanye West much to the chagrin of Rosie : " I'm a woman of a certain age, if you're gonna mention me in a song, have a little respect. He mentions my breasts. When you walk down the street and you have 15 - year - old boys ... they're like, ' Yo, Rosie, D's D's, Rosie Perez,' it's no good." I´m not sure what being a woman of a " certain age " has to do with it, because strangers singing about the size of your breasts would have you uncomfortable at any age.


Someone who surely has some thoughts along that line is Craig Ferguson who made her come again and again ... as a guest on his show I mean.



Speaking of spectacular boobs, the reason why I mentioned Demi Moore - besides the opportunity to feature her - is I wrote a new version of her cult siren entry ( part 1 / part 2 ) with more GIFs of Demi girating her booty than you can shake .... okay, I´m not going to finish the sentence.


For new readers ( and old regulars who want to refresh their memory ) there is a more extensive list of celebrity birthdays from July the 23rd to be found in this post which brings us to the anniversaries of July the 24th.

When none other than the lovely, long legged Lynda Carter celebrated her 68th birthday whom Todays tv audiences know as the president of the United States of America from the hit tv show Supergirl but for people of my generation is still the one, the only, true blue original Wonder Woman.


For me nobody in Hollywood has eclipsed Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman so far which I have elaborated at length in various posts. I wrote the first one way way back in 2011 which I split into two posts. A very short one on Lynda Carter and a longer one on the Wonder Woman tv series of which I did an updated version of with a lot of high quality animated GIFs in 2016 ( which also has the rest of the celebrity birthdays from July the 24th ).


One of the reasons why Lynda Carter was so perfect as Wonder Woman - besides the fact that as a professional dancer she could do all the physical stuff the role required very easily - is that she is just a gorgeous woman.


Which admittedly makes the fact that Steve Trevor is so hung up about Wonder Woman all the time but seems to be the only male on the planet ( or better the galaxy since this includes a few aliens too ) who does not realize how hot Diana Prince is a bit hard to swallow. No pun intended.



Anyway, it´s no surprise that they picked the sensational Lynda Carter for the main lead in the television movie Rita Hayworth - Goddess of Love .


And here we have goddess of love Lynda Carter´s rendition of Rita Hayworth´s iconic performance of the song Put The Blame On Mame.



As usual I want to use the opportunity this spin - off post presents to post some original art and in this case it´s from the classic WONDER WOMAN series. One of the things regular visitors might have noticed is that I like to spotlight lesser known or forgotten comicbook artist and in this case I want to include some pages by Jose Delbo . The 85 year old artist from Argentina was the regular artist on the title from 1976 to 1981 which is an impressive stint. His inker on most of the issues was Vince Colletta so I get to make up for not doing a post about him on his latest anniversary. 


There are sadly only short Super Friends clips on YouTube so here is Diana fighting the Cheetah who in the comicbooks was a villain or an ally.



I always try to include videos for my german readers so here is Wonder Woman - The Full History - or at least that is what it says in the title.



As in most videos that are not made by real comicbook readers but rather guys who mostly know them from movies or tv that also dabble in comics there are a few things you may find odd. Everybody else would know that Wonder Woman could fly for most of her career ( and for some reason DC Comic´s artists mostly ignored this so in most group shots of the Justice League you see Wonder Woman running instead of flying ) and nobody else would dare to call EC Comics legendary horror series " horror trash ", Donna Troy just " Wonder Woman´s sidekick " or claim that the Wonder Woman movie is the best DC movie. But what do you expect when the media chooses to ignore any classic DC movies starring Michael Keaton or the late, great Christopher Reeves except on certain anniversary shows ?


For those of you who have never read a WONDER WOMAN comicbook and who are not confined to the oftentimes haphazard german translations my reading recommendation is to ignore the Rebirth and NEW 52 reboots ( although I liked the art on the NEW 52 Wonder Woman and the story was not as bad as most of the other books ) and go straight to George Perez.


His post - CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS series is the best modern version of Wonder Woman and you can´t go wrong with the art. It is now available in the form of affordable trades but my tip is to get the new omnibus. So far I have bought the first one because it´s the only one with full George Perez art since he mainly stuck to the writing for the rest of the series but you should get it and see if you are interested to keep on reading.


At the moment you can get all three omnibus on amazon Germany for a measly 62 EUROS but as always they will not stay at that price forever.



Coming back to Wonder Woman and movies, one things the guy in Wonder Woman - The Full History says is that he hopes that the Justice League movie will be as awesome as the Wonder Woman movie since they have been working on it for ten years. As we all know this didn´t happen and in fact it may be one of the worst super hero movies ever. Now I don´t like to just say negative things about a movie so I am posting this video because the guy who did makes the entire Justice League movie work with just a few small adjustments. Proving once again that you can be truthful to the comics AND make a good movie if you think smarter and not harder - something the guys in Hollywood still haven´t figured out yet.



Here is episode 31 of Musikladen from February the 12th 1977 since it aired while both Jose Delbo´s stint on WONDER WOMAN and the Wonder Woman tv show with Lynda Carter was still going on. I wish I could say the reason why I chose it is Jeanette´s hit Porque Te Vas ? which most people from my generation still remember ( or any of the other songs like Lost In France by Bonnie Tyler or Don´t Leave Me This Way by Thelma Houston ) but it´s something else which you wouldn´t see on Today´s tv screens.



After all this here is a video that according to the description is supposed to help you relax. And I´m saying " is supposed to "  here because I have watched it a few times now and I always feel more excited than before.

Although to be fair I just can´t close my eyes because I don´t want to miss the breast part of her anatomy ,,, I mean the best part of the video.


Also as hard as I try for some strange reason I can´t concentrate on her pendulum and my eyes just magically keep focusing somewhere else.



Speaking about busty sexbombs I would hire in a minute as my personal night nurse, we are ending this post with a guest appearance by Lynda Carter on Mike Hammer. It´s probably a special since it´s twice as long as a normal episode but for some reason it features less Hammerettes than usual despite taking place in Las Vegas and a special gentlemen´s club which should be crawling with scantily clad women. For those who have never seen the show, the Hammerettes were a staple of the show and the extremely bigbreasted blow up sex dolls appeared whenever there was a dull moment or too much action. They were one of the main reasons for watching it ( like PLAYBOY´s Miss March 1982 Karen Witter about whom I wrote more in my first ever BLACK AND WHITE post which couldn´t have been about anybody else than comic legend Will Eisner´s THE SPIRIT ).


Besides Lynda Carter the episode also features Jim Carrey who plays an accountant who wants to be a comedian. Life imitating art or vice versa ?



New to the blog ? Everything you need to know about TALES FROM THE KRYPTONIAN : top ten posts / more posts of interest / best of the best


My only interest in women´s clothes is what´s underneath them.

No comments: