Friday, November 14, 2008

BEST.LEAGUE.cartoon.EVER !

It seems that there really is no escape from cartoons for me. Case in point : JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED - Season Three.


Like most of my posts about cartoons this is old news to my readers in the USA but for my fellow german readers ( if I still have any ) and all the others abroad this might be interesting. I thought that the next cartoon show I would be writing about was AMAZING SPIDER - MAN and even that wasn't supposed to happen in the near future because after seeing the first episodes on the net I had taken a time out.

Originally I wanted to write about the great comics I have read since coming to Spain with a focus on recent comics like the unbelievable IRON MAN - HAUNTED story ( one of my picks for Story of the Year ) or the blockbuster GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY or AVENGERS : THE INITIATIVE issues 14 and 16. Because I will go back to Germany end of this month I was catching up on my reading going through the lastest issues of the FINAL CRISIS tie - ins.

By the way, I hope I got the FINAL CRISIS on my pull list. I was a bit surprised to find out that J.G.Jones had a bit of help on the art in issue 4 but if it's from someone like my absolute favorite artist Carlos Pacheco.......bring it on. No one draws them big all superheroes brawls like Carlos.


Like I was saying I was catching up on my reading but after reading the latest two issues of NOVA I just had to stop. Because they were so incredibly good that everything I would have read after that would have paled in comparison. So I was on the internet thinking about what I wanted to do now and then I had the urge to watch something. I had no more links for watching AMAZING SPIDER - MAN but during my research for the LEGION OF SUPERHEROES posts I had found a page that was supposed to be for the JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED series.

I tried some links and found out they were for episodes of JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED but the names of the episodes and the plot synopsis were all wrong. I watched one or two before remembering that back when they had aired the show on german tv I had missed the beginning of the last episode of Season Two EPILOGUE. So I watched the episode and that could have been.

But just below the link for that episode there were links for the third season. And I have been watching them the last two day ( only if you want to know why I didn't post sooner ). Now I have read that this season was never originally planned and that they produced it as an afterthought. Well, let me say, it's the best of all seasons.


Not only does it have a secret conspiracy of the Society of Supervillains that's the connecting plot element but it seems they put everything they loved and couldn't fit into the first two seasons. They got so many heroes and villains crammed into this one that your brain almost explodes. And if that sounds like a nonstop, blockbuster action slugfest that's right. But they also have episodes that concentrate on the characters and they even manage to put the spotlight on the lesser known league members.

For me as a longtime DC comics reader it's just three kinds of cool to see characters like Goldface, Sonar, Warlord or the Legion of Superheroes on the screen. Like always they are presented in such a way that the comic readers will appreciate the hints at continuity but the non comics readers aren't taken out of the story ( do we yet have a name for comic muggels ? ). I could go on and on about all the gret guest stars and what happens where but I don't want to spoil too much. The third season has come out in Germany as a DVD just recently so if you are still thinking about if you should get it or not here are the episodes to watch.

Justice League Unlimited Season Three :

  • I AM LEGION



  • King Faraday, Aztek, Fire, Ice and a return to Blackhawk Island !

  • SHADOW OF THE HAWK


  • The extremists, Shadowthief and.......Hawkman ! Really.

  • CHAOS AT THE EARTH'S CORE



  • Skartaris. That's right, the Justice League meets Travis Morgan, Warlord.

  • TO ANOTHER SHORE


  • The legend of the Viking Prince.

  • FLASH AND SUBSTANCE



  • Flash against the Rogues ( and Linda too ). With Mark Hamill as the voice of Trickster.

  • DEAD RECKONING


  • Deadman, return to Gorilla City, JL Ape and more villains than you can shake a stick at ( like Goldface ).

  • PATRIOT ACT



  • Spysmasher, the Newsboy Legion, the Shaggy Man, Crimson Avenger, Arsenal and a spotlight on Vigilante and Shining Knight.

  • THE GREAT BRAIN ROBBERY


  • Red Tornado, Dr. Light ( the good one ) and Flash and Lex switch brains.

  • GRUDGE MATCH



  • Yep, this is the one you've been hearing so much about on the internet. Roulette returns in this all girl fight episode. It's Black Canary against Fire. And Black Canary and Huntress versus Hawkgirl and Vixen. And all four of them against Wonder Woman. It doesn't get any better.

  • FAR FROM HOME



  • The Fatal Five and Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes.

  • ANCIENT HISTORY


  • The Gentleman Ghost, more Shadowthief and more Hawkman.

  • ALIVE



  • The Society of Supervillains vs the Society of Supervillains.

  • DESTROYER


  • Darkseid is.

    And that's all for today. Thanks, and......wait a minute. There is more. I originally just wanted to put up the link to the page from where I got the links but the problem was that all the episodes had the wrong title and were not in chronological order. Even the plot synopsis were wrong. It seems that whoever started the page lost interest pretty quickly and never updated the new episodes.

    Well, being the perfectionist I am I wanted to put them in the right order. And while doing that I realized that since I already were going to put the third season on my blog - why not season one and two ? And since I'm at it why not the first series ? If I really want to do some good for my german readers I should do that. Because in Germany they showed only the first thirteen episodes of the first season.

    And they totally skipped the entire season two. Which made absolutely no sense since JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED constantly referenced events from the second season. Anyway, I have added all the episodes from JUSTICE LEAGUE so you can finally watch them and find out what all the fuss was about with the friendship between Hawkgirl and Solomon Grundy, what they meant by Hawkgirl betraying the world to alien invaders and the first meeting between Black Canary and the Blackhawks.

    Me I'm going to keep watching the episodes the rest of the weekend because I also haven't seen season two of JUSTICE LEAGUE. As always I hope there was something interesting for you.

    Justice League Season One

  • SECRET ORIGINS



  • IN BLACKEST NIGHT



  • THE ENEMY BELOW


  • INJUSTICE FOR ALL


  • PARADISE LOST


  • WAR WORLD


  • THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD


  • EPISODES NOT SEEN ON GERMAN TV :

  • FURY


  • LEGENDS


  • A KNIGHT OF SHADOWS


  • METAMORPHOSIS


  • THE SAVAGE TIME
  • . . . . . part 1

  • THE SAVAGE TIME
  • . . . . . part 2

  • THE SAVAGE TIME
  • . . . . . part 3

    Season Two

    EPISODES NOT SEEN ON GERMAN TV :

  • TWILIGHT


  • TABULA RASA


  • ONLY A DREAM


  • MAID OF HONOR


  • HEARTS AND MINDS


  • A BETTER WORLD


  • ECLIPSED


  • THE TERROR BEYOND


  • HEREAFTER


  • SECRET SOCIETY



  • COMFORT AND JOY


  • WILD CARDS


  • STARCROSSED
  • . . . . . part 1

  • STARCROSSED
  • . . . . . part 2

  • STARCROSSED
  • . . . . . part 3

    Episodes seen on german tv :

    Justice League Unlimited

    Season One :

  • INITIATION



  • FOR THE MAN WHO HAS EVERYTHING


  • HAWK AND DOVE



  • FEARFUL SYMETRY


  • KID STUFF



  • THIS LITTLE PIGGY


  • THE RETURN


  • THE GREATEST STORY NEVER TOLD


  • ULTIMATUM



  • DARK HEART


  • WAKE THE DEAD


  • THE ONCE AND FUTURE THING


  • Season Two :

  • THE CAT AND THE CANARY


  • THE TIES THAT BIND YOU


  • THE DOOMSDAY SANCTION


  • TASK FORCE X


  • THE BALANCE


  • DOUBLE DATE


  • CLASH



  • QUESTION AUTHORITY


  • HUNTER'S MOON


  • FLASHPOINT


  • PANIC IN THE SKY


  • DIVIDED WE FALL


  • EPILOGUE



  • New to the blog ? Everything you need to know about TALES FROM THE KRYPTONIAN :

  • top ten posts


  • more posts of interest



  • Don't you wash your hands ?

    No. Because I'm evil.

    No comments: