Saturday, November 22, 2008

Salon del Manga de Valencia

Originally I wanted to post this first thing in the morning but then I spend most of the day on my other blog on a post about Jamie Lee Curtis who turns 50 today.


At the beginning of her career Jamie was known for her impressive set of lungs as one of the best known Scream Queens and her appearances in various horror movies like Prom Night or Halloween. Another Carpenter thriller, 1980's The Fog also featured Jamie Lee, and she reprised her starring role in Halloween II in 1981. But she wanted to be considered more than just an actress known for her screaming techniques.


Later on she was known for her impressive set of lungs....but in a different context. To be precisely her 34C - 22 - 34 measurements. When she finally did lose her "Scream Queen" title, it was in exchange for the name "The Body" ( which is also Elle MacPherson's nickname ) thanks to her revealing role in Trading Places and 1985's Perfect.


When she went topless she cemented herself a fan base that would last for years. Not only because she decided to disrobe, but because she had a fantastic body, that she was often referred to as "Freeze Frame" ( a nod to all the VCR users' use of the pause button on certain Jamie Lee Curtis scenes ). What is really remarkable about Jamie is that she did her best striptease very late in her career in the Schwarzenegger flich TRUE LIES. In fact it's so popular that it's almost impossible to find pictures of her that are not stills from that scene. She even won a poll for best striptease in 2007.




Being a horror fan and a fan of movies like Halloween, The Fog or Prom Night as well as a fan of Jamie's more sexy performances ( like the striptease in TRUE LIES ) I couldn't let this opportunity pass to whish her many happy returns.


But now to what I wanted to write about on this blog : I really have to check my e - mail more often. Today I received the usual newsletter from NORMA COMICS which I get since the comic convention in Barcelona. And if I had read the others before that I would have known that the Second Salon del Manga de Valencia takes place this weekend.


That's right today and tomorrow the town of Valencia hosts a comic convention about manges. Well, I had no intention of going there myself because I'm still broke but I wanted to post all new comic conventions on my blog if somebody else is interested. If you still want to go tomorrow or want to know more about it here's the official website with all the information - salon del manga de valencia

Now I haven't read the NORMA COMICS newsletter the last few times but today I was a bit bored and before getting to the next day of the comic convention in Barcelona I wanted to catch up on my comic news. NORMA COMICS has three different blogs for comic related news that are written in spanish ( of course ) - blog europeo


All the comic news to their releases of european albums and everything associated like that Marjane Satrapi will be granted the title of Doctor Honoris Cause from the universities of Leuven and Louvain on the 2nd of February next month or that also this week on the 21 and 22nd of November the city of Lleida holds the first SET DE COMIC convention which is a possibilities for all kind of comic professionals like artists, writers, editors, publishers or dealers to meet and talk about their problems and the state of the industry - blog USA

All the new releases of Norma Comics as well as comic news from the United States like the upcoming animated GOON movie, Megan Fox casted as FATHOM or an interview with Danny Bilson and Jerry Ordway about their book RED MENACE.


Everything about mangas, new releases or manga conventions - blog manga

Well, originally I wanted to write something about the Legion of Superheroes and the release of TEENAGERS OF THE FUTURE which takes an indepth look at one of the comic series with the most devoted following of comicdom. Instead I'm going to spend the rest of the remaining day reading the three blogs of Norma to see if there is something else interesting.....before I miss that too.


New to the blog ? Everything you need to know about TALES FROM THE KRYPTONIAN :

  • top ten posts


  • more posts of interest


  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Megan Fox as Fathom?!?! The role looks as if it were DRAWN for Jolie!!!!