Friday, January 06, 2017

Paul Ryan Flash Friday again : Hell to pay

It seems that I have been trying to do this post forever as something has always come up since this post was originally scheduled to appear on the blog - seven weeks ago. Normally I would not post this Today either but this has gone long enough and I already did the re - post of swimsuit thong cult siren Linda Kozlowski in advance so it doesn´t matter if I finish the post Today, I got all day Tomorrow to put the usual bells and whistles on it.


Lately I have not managed to keep up with the FLASH FRIDAY posts but I hope now that the holidays are over I can return to more regular postings. If this is your first FLASH FRIDAY post you might want to go back to the last one because I put up all the links of the posts so far into that one. All others are probably already anxious to read on so let´s continue with the story in progress which features Jay Garrick, one of my favorite Flashes.


Today we have a rather short post but before we get to the birthday / video part I want to mention the Epic Collections I pimped in my last post. There are still four copies of Amazing Spider - Man : Cosmic Adventures available for a measly 26 EUROS but I hope that those who wanted to order Moon Knight : Shadows Of The Moon did so because it´s now back at 34 EUROS. Like I always say, these book bargains don´t last very long.

Today´s first celebrity birthday is Janine Turner who turns 55 and I almost skipped her anniversary because I already mentioned Northern Exposure a few times and although the series in now - finally ! - available on DVD in german there are no episodes in good quality on YouTube. But I did find a clip of the stunning Janine Turner on David Letterman. What a tomato !



So last week I was binge watching Justice League Action and afterwards I really got the sudden urge ... to go back and watch Justice League - The Animated Series. Because if you think Teen Titans Go is bad think about throwing the complete NEW 52 / REBIRTH universe in the mix and it just gets worse. The only good thing on that show is that they kept most of the voice actors which is really a testament how spot on the work of Andrea Romano - who celebrates her 62nd birthday - is. To give props I couldn´t possibly use something from the new JLA cartoon abomination so here is a clip from Justice League - The Animated Series that serves as an example on why those shows will never be surpassed. I mean they made Aquaman cool when nobody thought Aquaman was cool. This may have even been the inspiration for the NEW 52 Aquaman comic book.



Today´s music video is by Marius Müller Westernhagen who turns 69. He´s probably unknown outside of Germany but here he is like an institution.



Normally I don´t put two cartoon videos in one post but the first one is rather short. Also when I stumbled upon this I remembered that when I started this whole anime / cartoon meme in the videos the idea was to feature what I consider to be the best of the best. Like usual I got a bit off the path over time - trying too much to include an anime / cartoon video that has something to do with the theme of the post - so whenever I can I will be smuggling in some from my best of the best list. Anyway, it has been a while since this was on television - way back when there was a german branch of Mtv and they had gone from a music video only channel to showing the best anime / cartoons like The Maxx, Aeon Flux, Golden Boy, Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo. Which means that there is a whole generation out there who might not be familiar with this series.



As always we end the post with a Flash video and since there are more and more new fans of the tv series I thought it appropriate to include a little Flash 101 which in this case means 101 facts about the Flash. Which the Flash also did in the comics : since a lot of kids read comics in those days the writers thought this would be a good opportunity to bring some science across to kids so they started to give kids some short scientific information called Flash Facts. Which makes this 102 facts about the Flash.



New to the blog ? Everything you need to know about TALES FROM THE KRYPTONIAN : top ten posts / more posts of interest / best of the best


My name is Wally West and I´m the fastest man alive.

No comments: