Saturday, October 26, 2024

Sexbomb Saturday with Claypool's Elvira !

As promised in the first part of my reminiscence of the adventures of Elvira in the realm of comicbooks ( which was all about ELVIRA'S HOUSE OF MYSTERY ) we are oow coming to the ELVIRA, MISTRESS OF THE DARK series published by Claypool Comics which lasted impressive 166 issues.


So I have no idea why it was not on my pull list. On the other hand I discovered Elvira pretty late in my teens - around the time Elvira's first movie hit the screens - so that might to have something to do with it.


Anyway, at first I was a bit hesitant to make a post just with original art because the scans I found are not what you might call the best quality.


Then again I have used original art from this series in previous posts so there is nothing that stands against doing it again. One big problem was finding out from which particular issue the art was since not all of the pages had that information. Thankfully I could match the artwork to the single issues for the most part but let me tell you it was some hard work.


You might think in this day and age you could find the complete run on the internet but aside from the first 20 something issues it is spotty at best making huge jumps from the issues around 53 to 70 for example.


And the only reason why I have some good scans from the early issues is that a first omnibus has been published. So yes, there are some pages where I couldn't identify the issue number so I am not sure if they are all in the right order. From the scanned single issues I could not use a lot of material since the quality is really low in most cases and that is when the pages from the omnibus kick in. By the way I swapped many covers that I had accumulated over the years with the version from the omnibus because of the higher quality so don't be surprised if they don't have the Claypool Comics logo since that was omitted in the omnibus printing.


Speaking of the covers they all featured boner guarantee Elvira which may be one of the reasons why it lasted as long as it did. Man, with covers like these I have no idea how this didn't end up on my pull list.


Going through the omnibus there were a lot of pages that looked very interesting - which is code for that they heavily featured Elvira in a most alluring way and there are many where she is depicted taking a shower - but there were just too many to finish the research and do this in time for Halloween so I will have to return to it at some other point in time.


As for the creative people behind this book it really has an eclectic list featuring illustrious names like Kurt Busiek , Dan Day, Dave Cockrum , Terry Austin , Bob Wiacek , Jim Mooney , Eduardo Baretto , Paul Dini, Steve Leialoha, Mark Evanier, James W. Fry III, Fred Hembeck, Gordon Purcell, Dan Spiegle, Frank Springer, Jo Duffy or Ron Sutton amongst it.


elviral

elvira stuff

elvira links

elvira videos

elvira


second elvira movie


leprachaun 1 spanish


franchise


leprachaun 2 english


elvira show


elvira fall guy


burn


mas


monsters


I think I found my power girl there is a second video of the bikini contest but you can only watch it on the BeachVision channel because the embedding has been disabled there are more videos with her but I picked the ones that had actual footage from the bikini contest I might add some of the videos in future posts


leprachaun 3 german


elvira banner

elvira quote of the day

No comments: